Monday 30 November 2009

Diverse Projects






Cover & two extract pages of a coloured comic. I created this comic using mixed media. The largest part is painted using watercolour pencils, however for the parts which simulate Japanese woodcut I used ink on Japanese grasspaper. Also the background decoration paintings in the cover are actual ink paintings to make it look more authentic.
With this comic I took part in the German competition "Manga Talente 2005" and was awarded with the first prize.

Oil painting: "Gleam of Light" (100cm x 70cm). This is my very first oil painting which I created for the participation at the Arts and Culture Competition Baden-Württemberg. My work succesfully entered the exhibition gallery in Karlsruhe/Germany.


Poster design, mixed media. This is part of my commission work which I completed in 2006. The poster advertised an Asian exhibition at the German Übersee Museum in Bremen showing the contrast of modernity and culture.




No comments:

Post a Comment